- PhD in Law, London
- LLM, Kent.
- LLB (Hons), Malaya.
- June 2018-January 2019: Legal Director to Fortify Rights, South East Asia.
- 2014-Present: Fellow and Professor of Corporate and Insolvency Law, Academy of Sciences Malaysia.
- 2014-2019: Council Member, Academy of Sciences Malaysia.
- 2014-2019: Consultant, Legal Affairs Division, Prime Minister’s Department.
- 1986-2020: Professor, Faculty of Law, National University of Malaysia.
- 2011-2019: Member of Board of Directors of Companies Commission of Malaysia, Companies Commission of Malaysia.
- 2013-2019: Commissioner, Human Rights Commission of Malaysia (SUHAKAM).
- 2017-2017: Commonwealth Observer Group for the Election in Kenya, The Commonwealth Secretariat.
- 2013-2016: Member, Executive Council of International Centre for Law and Legal Studies (I-Cells), Attorney General Chambers, Putrajaya.
- 2015-2015: Commonwealth Observer Group for Sri Lanka Parliamentary Elections, The Commonwealth Secretariat.
- 2009-2014: Dean, Faculty of Law National University of Malaysia.