- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), University of the Philippines (U.P.), Diliman, Quezon City, 1984.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of the Philippines (U.P.), Diliman, Quezon City, 1988.
- Certificate in Diplomatic Studies, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom, October 1992 – June 1993.
- November 2013 – August 2020: Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Netherlands and Permanent Representative to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
- April 2010 – November 2013: Assistant Secretary, Office of Consular Affairs (concurrently Chairman, National Committee on Illegal Entrants)
- August 2008 – April 2010: Consul General, Philippine Consulate General Macau SAR
- January 2006 – August 2008: Minister and Consul General, Philippine Embassy in Beijing
- 2005 – 2006: First Secretary and Consul, then as Minister and Consul General, Philippine Embassy in Beijing.
- March 2001 – 2024: Director [concurrently Special Assistant Office of Undersecretary for Administration] Office of Personnel and Administrative Services
- August 1997 – 1998 : Second Secretary and Consul, Philippine Embassy in Brussels
- June 1999 – January 2001: First Secretary and Consul, Philippine Embassy in Brussels
- January 1996 – 1997: Consul, Philippine Consulate General in Milan
- January 1995 – 1996: Vice Consul, Philippine Consulate General in Milan
- 1991 – 1994: Special Assistant, Undersecretary Padilla [concurrently Board Secretary of Board of Foreign Service Administration]
- May 1990 – 1991: Assistant Director, Office of Legal Affairs.